Cashew Cream Cheese


When you start eating a plant-based diet, there are some things that just taste better when they are homemade.  Cue:  THIS BLOG ENTRY!

A few weeks ago, I went to a vegan cafe, and had this amazing GF bagel with cashew cream cheese.  The cream cheese was homemade in the cafe and it was probably the most delicious cream cheese I've ever had.  It was so good that I feel like if I had the entire bowl in front of me, I would have eaten it all.  I haven't been back there, and I have been wanting cream cheese SO badly.  Well, I decided to try making my own.

Let me tell you, it is just as delicious as the one I had at the cafe!!  I cannot wait to wake up tomorrow and have breakfast.  It is smooth and tasty, and yes I have to stop myself from eating it all.


See, I was eating it off of my finger.  Whoops!!!  :)  I figured I would share the recipe with you all, because it would be a shame for you to miss out on such an amazing spread!  I hope you enjoy!  

xx - Jill


CASHEW CREAM CHEESE

Ingredients 

  • 1 cup of raw cashews (softened)
  • 2 tablespoons of coconut oil (melted)
  • 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
  • 2 teaspoons of white miso paste
  • 1/4 teaspoon of salt (or to your liking)

Directions

Cashew Softening Method:

  1. Add cashews to a bowl, cover with water.  
  2. Let soak for 5 hours (or overnight) until tender.
  3. Drain and rinse.
Cream Cheese:

  1. Add all ingredients to a food processor or high speed blender.
  2. Blend until the mixture is as smooth as possible (I think this took about 6-8 minutes).
  3. Don't forget to scrape the sides every so often!
  4. Put cream cheese into a small container.
  5. Cover and set in the fridge until ready to serve.

*Cream cheese will be soft and spreadable
**Store in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks


Comments

Popular Posts